- Market greeters: welcome shoppers and measure (people) traffic
- Vendor liaisons: get to know the day's vendors and serve as the link between them and the on-site market manager (so they get help more quickly without detracting from customer service)
- Welcome Tent staff: provide shoppers with information about Villebois, the market, vendors and market partners/sponsors; provide information to potential volunteers; and keeper of the volunteer sign-in and sign-out sheet
- The Green Team: walks the market, helping people find trash cans and recycle bins, helps with set up and take down, and generally keeps the market clean and pollutant free
- Market Watch: walks the market, helping parents who've lost track of their children (it can happen) and serves as a citizen security force, alerting the on-site market managers to any individuals disrupting the overall peace.
Monday, April 13, 2009
If you'd like to join in on the fun, but you don't have the time to help with market planning, we are also looking for people to help at the market itself. Some of the opportunities available each Sunday are:
Thursday, April 9, 2009
The founding of the Villebois Sunday Market and organizational meeting was written about in the DJC. Click below to read the full article.
Developer helps form Wilsonville farmers’ market
by DJC staff
by DJC staff
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Friday, April 3, 2009
Wilsonville's first (and only) farmers' market, the Villebois Sunday Market, will hold its second volunteer and organizational meeting Thurs., April 9, from 5:45 p.m. to 7 p.m. at the Miraval Building in the Villebois Village Center, located at 28929 SW Ravenna Loop in Wilsonville, Ore. The meeting is an opportunity for market managers to share their plans and receive feedback and additional community support from city residents and local businesses for the May 3 opening.
For vendor or volunteer information, please contact Tara Foster, the market manager, at 503-241-3834, or email her at VilleboisSundayMarket@gmail.com.
Thursday, April 2, 2009
The Villebois Sunday Market was featured in the "environmental news" section of OregonLive, the Oregonian's online outlet. Click below to read the full article.
by Kimberly Nelson, community blogger
Saturday, February 21, 2009 at 6:00 PM
by Cathie Ericson, Special to The Oregonian
Thursday, March 12, 2009, 5:00 AM
by Eric Mortenson, The Oregonian
Monday, March 16, 2009, 5:00 PM